This February, we're helping out with a 30 day Challenge by posting a healthy recipe about once a week, so we decided to share them here as well.
These are the best chicken nuggets we've ever had! And instead of being breaded, they are dusted with almond flour! We make them in large batches and keep them in the fridge to snack on or if we are rushed for dinner.
We absolutely love them with this garlic sauce that is so good we dubbed it "bae sauce" and some veggies on the side, but they also taste wonderful with honey mustard or all by themselves.
I didn't put up pictures of the entire process because someone told me they were "unattractive".
Here's the recipe:
1 egg 2 tablespoons almond milk (unsweetened)
1 cup almond flour (NOT meal-there is a difference, believe me)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
¼ cup olive oil + 3 tablespoons extra
1 large or 2 small boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the chicken by washing them and then cutting them into smaller, nugget sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and non-dairy milk.
- In a larger bowl, mix almond flour, salt, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture then the almond flour mixture. You can do a few pieces at a time, but I wouldn’t recommend doing them all at once. Shake off excess flour and place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the chicken and place in oven for 5-8 min. When the timer goes off, flip them and cook for another 5-8 min. The time will depend on how big your pieces are. Check to make sure they are cooked thoroughly and enjoy!